Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fashion Star--Season 1, Episode 2--Who's Your Customer?

It's Project Runway--without the project, and with WAY more runway. It's just all runway.

The lighting team backlights Elle at the opening of the show. It's all about drama on Fashion Star.
It's Week Two of Fashion Star and I continue to not quite "get" this show. I thought half of them went home last week, which was confusing because at that rate the whole season could last a month. But now they're all back this week, so that's even more confusing. What exactly is the end goal here? I'm so confused.

It's like they all decided that the "runway" was the best part of Project Runway, so they REALLY focused on that and kept everything else to a minimum. The runway show itself is at least 75% of the show. And the stage has so many bells and whistles (and giant TV screens) that it reminds me of The Running Man. But everything else--behind the scenes, interpersonal drama, judges/mentors input, designer back stories, even just explaining the concept of the show--all of it is condensed into two minute montages. Is that enough? Obviously not for me because I have no idea what's going on.




Okay, so maybe I'm just not paying attention. Then again, maybe the reason I'm not paying attention is because this show isn't that great. I'll keep watching, but I can't promise to care.

One thing I do know for sure is that I'm not the only person who thinks Oscar Fierro might sleep in a baby crib, just for funsies. Jessica Simpson revealed having a dream in which she gave birth to him and changed his diapers. What was Oscar's reaction? Was he repulsed or excited? I couldn't tell.

Ross, Orly and Oscar do a practice with Elle to ensure their showcase goes off without a hitch.

So to recap: Some of the designers got orders. Some did not. What does that mean for next week? Uh...nothing? I'm not sure. Apparently Oscar is going home. Hmm, that's a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment